TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Monday, January 25, 2010

Africa, Taiwan, 3 pointers, some good news & a headache..

My weekend:

Friday:
I had class 'til 12.... i ate in the caf for the first time in like a year! it was crazy.. it kinda made me miss the whole social life and stuff i had before i moved off campus.
then we decided we were going to go to the beach.. but we got to my house and it felt soo dirty to me.. so i made Danny wait (he read lotr) while i cleaned up a little bit.. (its a new semester.. we have a new roommate.. and we all haven't really gotten into the flow of the semester yet.. so the cleaning is kind of pushed aside.)
we went to Hukilau for about an hour and a half.. soaked up some rays..
I have a huge Math Test Monday.. so we went to a Math 110 review session.
Danny loved it cause they were speaking chinese to each other.. plus he loves math.
I hated it because math is complicated.. and their asian minds are just too smart for me haha

then we went to watch some on campus student films.
there were entitled:
Bad Moon Rising,
The Last Kiss,
& 3 Nights
they.were.terrible.
and i sat next to Crystal who is like already pro at acting..
and it was way funny to hear her comments throughout all the movies.

EPICNESS CAME AFTERWARDS. I SWEAR...read on.

Crystal, Danny & i decided we wanted to go sit in a hot tub at Turtle Bay.
It took forever, but we finally got on a bus and on our way.
We got off the bus around 11, and we had to be back at the bus stop at 12.
We tried to get into the Villa pools.. they were closed..
so we walked like 6 miles (not really) to the hotel pools..
one of the hot tubs was empty haha
so we tried the next one.. it looked way murky.. but we trusted it.
crystal got in, i got in.. and danny was about to sit down when we hear "HEY"
like a deep poly man's voice.
security guard. crystal tried to lie, it didn't work..
he made us follow him.. we thought he was going to fine us or something...
he just took us on a really nice long walk back to the bus stop haha.
bus stop wait for 45 minutes. the wrong bus comes and tells us we're too late.
luckily we have friends with cars..
2 hours later.. we're back at home.. with basically nothing but bus passes to show for it haha.

Saturday:
I woke up with a purpose.
the sole purpose of this day was for me..
stephanie holm..
to sit at home and relax.
i have been really stressed and tense and needed some ME time.
Got some texts from boyfriend doing homework.
and best friend telling me to come over.. i said no.. she understood.

i.... did some yoga.
i.... read a book called "Hawaii's story" about the last Hawaiian Queen
i.... took a shower and exfoliated (yep.. i went all out)
i.... put leave-in conditioner in my hair
and i put on some comfy jammies and started watching the last Conan Late Night.

text message from erin dean:
Woman! come to Africa with us!
(danny and erin joined the African Club and they think they're so cool.
I didn't want to pay the $3)

me:
no. you go and keep boyfriend company.

Erin Dean:
woman! come!!!!!!!

Me:
no

knock at the door:
i answer with a mean face.. its my nice roommate/r.s. president
"i think erin's calling you"

i go to the balcony.. whilst appologizing for giving her that face.
Erin dean:
"aaaaaahhh.. woman! put some clothes on lets go!"

seriously. no. i needed my alone/me time. i feel like i never get to do what i want to do.
i like to let people do what they want.. or make them choose something
so i dont have to.
i had conditioner in my hair up in a gross wet bun, no make up on, and was in jammies.
she made me dress myself and join them at the African Club Social.
the plus side:
-really really nice African people/other people who weren't African
-really good rice and chicken
-erin & danny are becoming friends through their african adventures.

next:
nap time/finishing Conan

Then:
Taiwan club social with Danny.
i.. spoke chinese and made like 6 Taiwanese friends
(k.. so really... i'm not racist.. i just dont associate with all the cultures here..
i really should.. i just dont. its nothing about them.. im just scared haha..
but i'm slowly changing because i realize that they're people. even though they're different,
they don't scare me as much because they're a lot nicer than i was expecting.)

it was fun.

then basketball game which was epic.

rented "Monster's vs. Aliens"
fell asleep.
and yeah..
then it was sunday..
just a pretty much normal sunday..
except i keep getting these really terrible throbbing headaches..
i have to take like 4 ibuprofen to make them stop. =(

1 comment:

my very own self said...

okay, all that sounds really fun [except the throbbing headaches at the end:( ]

i totally understand the alone time thing too, except for with me, it's pretty much any time i'm at my apartment cuz my roommate's kind of anti-social right now.

and just to clarify the first part...

March 13-21 is when Ris comes to Hawaii and gives me a hundred dollars! And stays out of my hair as much as possible! :)

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com