TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Friday, June 11, 2010

Why don't you stay. . .




I reluctantly left Melissa and Junebug this morning. . . but only to be reunited with my parentals after a whopping 4 months of separation. (i literally think this is the longest i've been away from them.) I cried when I hugged them.

I got to see Tarzan at Tuacahn (we're so VIP. . . a Gala before, free water bottles, a red carpet roped off section where the ticket takers took our tickets. . . and yes I drove the mustang. Life is good when I get to live in this surreal life of mom and dad's world haha.) Slash. . . Tarzan was AWESOME! We got rained on at the end.. but oh no worries, my sis-in-law's dad is the director, so we just went to his office and let the people who didn't get to walk on the red carpet watch the ending in the rain. haha jk.

Another form of good news. . . i gave my dad 3 options today.
they were legit, and i had been considering these options long and hard for about 2 years now.
1. how was i going to approach my dad when telling him (jet lag from his trip to China.. basically asleep.. he totally agreed with everything i said)
2. Which one to place where in the conversation. . . (option 1,2,& 3 were placed in a very good order for his consideration.)

The Subject of Consideration:
Stephanie wants a car in Hawaii. She is now a Junior at BYUH and has 2 more years to live on the island. Her argument is: helping with groceries and saving on grocery money because i can take trips to wal-mart, more time with friends, on-time to class, explore the island, not spend as much money coming home because i'll have a car, and well. . . no island fever because i can go to far off destinations on the small little island haha. (my arguments really aren't that legit.. . but the options i gave him were.)

The Options:
(well i have to explain, my parents may or may not be serving a mission in the upcoming year. . . if they do decide to go, Stephanie is not married and therefore needs to make plans for herself and her lonesomeness in case of the parents leaving for a long time. So my parents will be paying for the car. . . somewhat. . )

#1: Stephanie's Ford Focus is shipped for $1,000 to Oahu. I will pay my parents back the money they spent to get it there, and I'll earn the money to ship the car back when i graduate.
(cons: my car is G-Hetto (Julie said in NY they call it so "wood hill"), the seats are leather aka trips to the beach means my car will smell like mossy grossness forever, and another thing my car is small so i'd like to get a bigger car.)

#2 Stephanie sells her Ford Focus during her summer vacation here in Utah. I would use the $3,000 or $4,000 to pay for a car in Hawaii, and use the money not used to pay for gas.

#3 (this one is favored by my dad because he is passionate about me having a car when I come to visit in Utah. . . even though my parents (not including my siblings) have 3 cars.)
Stephanie's Ford Focus stays here at home, she buys a car in Hawaii. Then once I graduate or decide to move back to the mainland, i sell the car and whatever money is lost i pay my parents back the difference. (this one is my favorite, i'd have 2 cars, plus i could buy a whole new car here, any one i want (as long as its not expensive haha)).

I think #3 is the favorite. But we'll see when he's not jet-lagged. Usually the conversations that I have like this with my dad end up like this "hey dad. . . so when are we gonna do that thing we talked about?" "stephanie i never said you/we could/were going to do that." "awesome".

We'll see. But it's happenin. and I'm soooo stoked!

No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com