TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Friday, October 22, 2010

{Creativity in journaling}

"Those who keep a book of remembrance keep the Lord in their remembrance."

"The most important word in the gospel is "remember"."


HOly SpagHEtti gUYs...

i am so blessed.. and i'll tell you why.
I have 3 callings (still...) and one is the enrichment committee chair.
Soo.. i have to organize all of the enrichment activities and delegate assignments.

We had an activity last night.
it was supposed to be epic,
we were gonna do some speed dating, and have a journaling workshop.

instead only 7 girls showed up,
so we just did the journaling workshop.
We are so lucky to have miss Ambree Klemm in our ward.
she volunteered to do the workshop.

She did study abroad last semester in VIENNA.
and took a journaling class.

Let me just tell you.. it was one of the BEST enrichments i've ever been to.
It only lasted about 45 minutes, and we didn't really do anything but listen.
But it has completely changed my outlook on writing in my journal.


MY EXPERIENCES:
I've kept a journal (literally written in it every single month) since i was in 5th grade.
i've completely completed about 5-6 journals.

Also i know the kind of effect a journal can have on posterity.
When i visited my grandma over the summer, she showed me a little journal that my great grandmother kept, and just to see her handwriting was the coolest thing ever.

Another experience is when i lived in Georgia my mom and i got super close.
we would have long talks about dating and what my mom did when she was young,
and how she felt about different things. I am so lucky.
anyways she told me about her life, and that felt like she was reading her journal to me.

My mom has also told me really cool spiritual experiences she's had, and was reminded of after going back and reading her journals.

CREATIVITY:
During Ambree's little schpeel, she told us how she gets creative with her journal.

A rule her professor gave her with their journals was: no lines. the pages had to be completely blank.

Throughout her trip in Vienna, she would do different things:

~take a napkin from a restaurant she liked, describe the place or rate the food ON the napkin, then glue it in her journal.
~put in stickers
~take a postcard from places
~ticket stubs
~receipts (to remember how much things cost)
~maps
~she made a calendar and glued it in with all her plans (to remember what days she did things)
~have a friend write something like a story in it
~movie reviews
~magazine cut outs
~funny Facebook statuses
~song lyrics
~poems
~quotes
~scriptures
~press flowers in


LISTS:
~baby names
~good recipes
~goals (and report on them later to stay accountable)
~when i'm a mom what i will/won't do
~happy list
~things i hate
~favorites
~shopping lists (if i had $1 million i would buy...)

or entries like
"today i'm wearing, doing, watching.."

~~or every time you want to write in your journal, you can find a journal prompt online.
like an example would be "write about butter" and Ambree's turned into an old cute childhood memory about mac and cheese and baking cookies.

Anyways... i'm changing the way i write in my journal.
and i'm really excited about it!

I think anywhere i go, i'll just collect a little thing like a napkin or something
and then write about it in my journal with a little thing to remember it.
it'll be awesome!!

ALSO,
remember! blogging is a way of journaling, and the website you have you will never lose because the internet will be here forever, so be creative on your blog too!!
(i need to be better at that haha)

It could help us see AND enjoy the little things in life =)

HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY =) =)






No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com