TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rochester, NY

I wish i could post the pictures i've taken for the past 3 days!!
but unfortunately the cord that connects my camera to a computer is on my mission "to buy" list.

Anyways . . .
I'm in ROCHESTER, NEW YORK right now!
I've been here since Thursday night visiting my big sister Julie "Sister Holm" (we've been struggling this whole time.. we keep saying "juj.... i mean sister holm" haha and i think her companion is a little annoyed about it.

Sister Holm is serving a mission here in Rochester (the Hill Cumorah Visitor's Center mission).
She gives tours and proselytes.
But the tours are for not only the visitor's center, but all of the church history sites here in Western NY.

We've seen TONS and TONS of stuff here since we got here.

When we first landed, we went straight to a chapel where she was giving a book of mormon night with a few other companionships. i literally ran down the hall to see her because i could hear her talking haha. she was in the middle of a thought and then just went "ohh my gosh....!!!" and ran over and hugged me and cried and hugged my parents and cried haha.

we've been with her and her companion going to all of the sites and visiting people and cool places.

*The Sacred Grove
*The Hill Cumorah
*The Moroni Monument
*The Smith Family Farm
*The Whitmer Farm
*The printing press where the book of mormon was first printed <<>
*and the LDS bookstore next door.
*The Palmyra Temple

Her companion's name is Sister Van Den Berghe and she's way cool.
New York reminds me a lot of Georgia, but all of the houses are so cute and small and victorian looking.

Sister Holm hasn't changed a lot. But she has a lot when you get her in her missionary mode. Things still feel the same with us and everything feels normal, except we hug each other ALL the time and are really cherishing our time together right now (i won't see her for a year and a half almost exactly).

Tonight my parents and i with Sister Holm and her companion visited their mission president. They talked a lot about the mission and gave a lot of advice to my parents for their mission.
We talked about how I don't want Sister Holm to get married until i get home, but that she really wants to ha and so i'll be ok with that if it's absolutely necessary haha.
Visiting with the mission president (President Christianson) was amazing. He just had a heart attack a few days ago and he definitely had taken some resting time away to be able to visit with us. He's an amazing man.

but all of this has gotten me SOOOO excited to go.
I am sick and sick and SICK of the anxiety!! i just want to go!!
I can't wait to see how i like the MTC because i've heard everyone else's opinion and it's time i had my own.
I can't wait to see how i get along with my companions. and i can't wait to start my schedule and be more organized and to try my obedience and work ethic.
I can't wait to meet my mission president and get to know the language and culture of Taiwan.
I can't wait to ride my bike and visit people and have fun learning the language.

I'll have to remind myself constantly that the little things that bother me aren't a big deal.
I'll have to pray all of the time until i love the food.
My patience will be tested a ton with the language, but i want to work hard and make it fun.

Anyway.. i just got home and i'm just all excited!
I know it's 18 months that i could be dating, getting married, going to school, going to the beach, watching movies, and hanging out with my friends. But i feel like this opportunity is a huge blessing. My life is about to change almost completely and i cant wait!!!!

No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com