TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Things I Love About Hawaii (and my life)

So recently i've caught myself thinking a lot more negative than positive. So i want to make a list of things that make me happy and smile. It is 12:06AM on September 30, 2009 and here are some reasons why i love my life =)

*i go to school in hawaii.. i mean really..
*I get to ride a cute beach cruiser to class everyday.. with a large pink basket on the back. (which sets it apart from all the other cute purple beach cruisers around campus that everyone gets at walmart hehe)
*i have a best friend that is far away from me but has texted me every single day since i've been gone, and he is one of the funniest people i know so talking to him is the highlight of my day.
*i got Friends season 2 for $10 because ohana video is going out of business 
* i get to watch the 3 friends seasons that i have on my tv that my mom bought me and it is amazing. 
*today i rearranged my living room/kitchen in my house with my roommate to suit the tv and open area and the room feels bigger! yay
*my roommates are slowly but surely becoming my best friends in hawaii and i'm excited about it cause they're all so sweet
*i have a lot of cute clothes and shoes.. and i'm proud of myself because it has taken me a long time to figure out the style that i want.. i'm still working on it but my improving wardrobe is increasing the fun of it. 
* some of my best friends in the world are so hard to deal with sometimes.. and its funny because its my divine destiny to learn true charity and unconditional love 


*i have grown up to learn these few simple but good rules about life:
(they're not in order of importance..)
- fights are meant to be fought to resolve issues, not to just get everything out and let it sit while you pretend to forgive. 
- once you find out what you really like.. you can find good friends who will stand by you and love you for who you are, and that feels amazing.
- being an optimistic realist is the way to go
- past relationships make life messy.. the experience was totally worth it.. and thinking back is not so fun
-honest to goodness i know that we choose our attitudes. it suprises me sometimes how people react to things.. i'm always like "wow... i didn't mean to make you feel that way" haha because its totally not how i would react. 
- learning to laugh at yourself and not take life so seriously is what we all need.. just like tommy monson told us and we all just keep forgetting "enjoy the journey-now."
-learning to do what you can then forget yourself in the service of others is what i need. 
- the words honor, cherish, and love are underrated 
- i need to learn not to get frustrated when people get worked up over things. I almost NEVER get upset over things.. unless its huge like a relationship or friendship ends.. So when people get worked up and make things a big deal.. its hard for me to understand them.. i just want to convince people that everything will be ok. it's not a big deal when you look at the scheme of things.... i mean really.... a lot of things that people get upset over aren't worth the mental fight. 

No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com