TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

BYU Hawaii


As a little lad of only 18 years old.
a week in the month of February.
I had been rejected by BYU Provo,
and was awaiting the prospect of attending the beautiful, wonderful, amazing campus of BYU Hawaii.
They put me on hold. for a week.
I don't think i've ever prayed so hard for
something in my life.

But guess what happened??
(well i think you can guess..)
i got in!
sadly i found out while i was watching President Hinckley's funeral, so that day was a mess of tears and laughs. But i knew that my Heavenly Father loved me, and was blessing me even on the day of my favorite prophet's funera
l.

And so began my journey to BYU Hawaii, leaving behind a lush green state that was Georgia, where i had met amazing people and made best friends.. and off to a beautiful island. Awaiting with its palm trees, people from all different land
s, and not a soul that knew Stephanie Holm.

My family came to see me off.. all 14 of us and it was a blast! i couldn't ask for a better family.


We took surfing lessons at Sunset Beach....
Found creatures on a Sunday walk...


Went on a hike that led to an awesome rope swing into a river!...


And played in the sand =)
After all the fun was up... it was time to say goodbye. It didn't hit me until after we had gotten to the campus, and to my hale that my family was leaving for a very long time, and i would be on my own.
I cried the first time i saw my dormroom.....
"are you really going to leave me here??"



But coming to this amazing school was one of the best decisions i have ever made.









No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com