TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hands, Friends, & the house by the Sea

Lake Powell was the best trip i've been on in months.
I was the only young person, with 10 business people and my parents.
all of the people were so nice to me (it may have something to do with them sucking up to my dad..? haha but i like to think it was because of me)
They taught me how to cook and chop vegetables,
they talked to me about their lives, and helped me decide important things.
Important things = that all I have is time. and i love that. =)

Now that i think about it, i've always been one to hang out with the adults.
don't get me wrong, the adults were riding the water weenie, and watching me wake surf,
and playing 4 men on a couch. But the best part is that they know so much.
and at this point in my life, i'll admit, i'm stressed about who i'm going to be.
i think about it all the day long. but all i really want to be is happy.
and happiness on that trip was when i wake surfed without the rope, and had 12 people in our boat cheering for me and taking my picture, i haven't felt that good about myself in a long time.

I got a blessing from my dad the other day,
and he blessed me to put my cares in the hands of heavenly father.
Hands.
then my mind did something awesome, it thought of this metaphor.
Everything that i'm worried about, everything that makes me anxious or stressed,
i take my tiny hands, and pick them up, and put them in Heavenly Father's HUGE hands.
and that's it. what's left is happiness and peace and i.am.loving.it.
It's been working. I'm the happiest now than i have been in months.

I also want to be a better friend.
I've been able to hang out with a couple of my old friends.
old, as in, we've known each other since we were 9.
I am so grateful for those friends, they know who i am, and who i've always been.
and i love them. they give me a sense of home in a world full of uncertainties.

but one thing i do know, is that i am halfway through my Summer vacation today.
This vacation has been SO awesome, and i'm torn between going back and staying forever.
For now, i'm referring to my hands metaphor every day,
and letting the pieces fall where they may.

I'm also elated with the thought of going back to my house by the Sea =)


Side note:
Toy Story 3 = the best movie ever
Spanish Buzz = me laughing for 10 minutes straight, no joke. so awesome.

1 comment:

ashley said...

i wish you would have stayed one more day so we could have hung out! we had LOTS of YOUNG people on our boat :)

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com