TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn....


~I talked to my mom today.
Crazy story about family history!
she found one of her cousins sons lives in Palmyra where my sister Julie is serving her mission. Sunday morning my mom had told Julie to go and visit him, THAT afternoon he and his family went on a tour where she gives them. She asked what his name was at the end and when he told her she started to cry and it made him cry (but he didn't know why he was crying) then she said, "my mom told me literally today about you and i was going to come see you! you're my cousin!" and he said he was relieved because he didn't know anyone on that side of his family was active in the church. pretty freaking amazing.. PLUS she didn't get transferred last week.. coincidence? i think not.

~I also talked to my mom about a mission.
So here's the deal with me. If you are a constant "stephbloggerreader" then you should know that i am very indecisive.
I went to talk to my amazing bishop on Sunday. He set up my papers online so now all i have to do is fill them out. I could start my mission papers TODAY if i wanted to. So i think what i'll basically do is start them and see how i feel. Because if Heavenly Father knows there is someone i could decide to date and marry and he isn't far, then he'll interfere, and if not then a mission is what's in his plan. It feels like i'm trying to trick heavenly father into giving me an answer when i should really just make the stupid decision. Its not stupid its a great decision, its just a big one.

~There is a new religion professor here at BYU Hawaii teaching Eternal Marriage. His name is Doug Brinley and he's my 2nd cousin (my dad's first cousin). My roommate Ali is taking his class so I went with her to say hi to him. he gave me a big hug and told me i look like a Holm and he could spot me a mile away. He said "i haven't seen you since you were this high". My heart jumped haha I ache for that kind of family while i'm here in Hawaii. I'm so happy he's here!

~My 3 callings in my ward (choir director, enrichment committee chair, rs pianist) are going splendidly. I had the first 2 choir practices this week and i had a pretty good turn out.. about 6 or 7 people haha. We're going to sing The Olive Tree in a couple Sundays and i have to pick out a good song for the Musical fireside in a couple months.

~I collect the "willow tree" figurine things. The first one i got was in Nauvoo and it was the "hold dear to the promise of love" one. I went to the mall the other day to see Easy A with my family (holy crap guys this is the funniest movie ever!! "Ooh you sharpen that pencil.. oh is it sharp? is it sharp?" lol so good) and while we were wasting time i bought another one. I have a ton at home, but this is the first and only one i have here in Hawaii. =)

This one's called "Surrounded By Love"

(do you like the headband? I was getting ready this morning and 2 of my guy friends were here and they told me i looked good.... so i wore it and i've been getting compliments all day haha but i still don't know if i like it)



****************************** Meet: BETTY *************************************

I bought her a week ago in Kaneohe. She is my baby and I love her oh so much.
She's white, and has tan leather interior
'97 Nissan Maxima
Tape player, CD player, Radio,
even the cigarette lighter works!
AND she has A/C. oh baby baby
yep those are Sheep skin front seats.
It's like driving whilst sitting on a recliner
She's my cute little Grandma car
My little Orangutan
Weston (my best friend from Georgia), his brother Landon & I
won him at the Nickelcade in Provo the day before Weston left on his mission =)
Nice roomy leather back seats.

She has broken down on me once or twice and i'm working on getting that fixed. all she does is lose some kind of connection, its an electrical problem.
so i'll be driving, she'll kind of sputter and then turn off
but she continues to coast always so i can get her off the road
so she's still safe and i still love her with her little temper.



Today's a good day and i hope all of you guys are having a good one as well!
loves =)

No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com