TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 30, 2011

a {journal} entry

My Aunt Janet got me a little journal that was light blue with little snowmen on it from Old Navy for Christmas when i was in 5th grade.

I wrote about the boys i had crushes on, being left out, getting my arm broken, and what i wanted to be when i grew up.

Now, 9 and a half years later, i've completely filled 7 journals.


When i used to write in them in Middle and high school it was more like my therapy. A way to fill the time, to focus my thoughts, and remember what is important to me. I think i write about boys the most because that helps me not think about them as much or try to remember what i was thinking because i have it all written down.

While being home, i've found all of my journals and i read them along with my scriptures at night.

All i can say is, if you don't keep a journal, start today. Make a goal to write in it every night before you go to bed. Even if you write a sentence, a paragraph, or 6 pages, i promise it will be worth it. Its so cool to me because its not just for my posterity to know exactly what i was doing or what i was thinking and what i became in this life and why i am the way i am, but its also so cool for me to see it myself. I've changed and grown and developed and it helps me to know that i've come a long way. and i have a long way to go.

I'm so excited to start all of my mission memorabilia.
I'm going to keep a spiritual journal, and kind of a memories journal.
My sister Julie said that while she's been on her mission, she keeps a separate journal for her thoughts about her future family and kids and when she finds her husband and stuff.

I want to collect little pieces of napkins, receipts, and flowers and things and glue them in. I did that my last 3 months in Hawaii and even a month afterwards i'm soo glad i did.

I love my journals.
It's also funny, because i've started to hang out and talk to some old boyfriends (i hope they don't read this lol) and i can look back and laugh at all of the stuff that happened. (p.s. i'm grateful we're still friends) and (i hope) one day i'll be starting to date my future husband, and i'll write all of the fun stuff and what i was thinking through it all, and we'll read it together and laugh down the road.
Journals are just fun.

I'm blogging a lot because i'm sick haha. but just some thoughts =) =)

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com