TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 2, 2011

{Wishes} for 2011

2010, you were a tough one.
I'm not going to lie, I came into 2010 expecting it to be amazing and wonderful and surprising.
and it was the hardest year of my life so far.

My Dearest 2011, here are my goals =D
-Read the scriptures and my patriarchal blessing every day twice a day
-Be more helpful and loving with my family

MISSION GOALS:
Be a missionary that uplifts others
Never think of myself first
Always give people the benefit of the doubt
Obedient to my mission president 100%
NEVER complain
Have a heart full of gratitude everyday for the blessings that I do have
work my hardest to learn the language


I've forgotten to write about what i think about my mission call,
probably because i've been writing in my journal a ton this past week haha.

Before I got my call, i prayed that it would be a place that would make me feel special. I don't know why, but that is what i wanted. I wanted to get a call that would be so exciting and so new and different.

When i opened my call, i was literally in shock for 2 days. All i could think about was Taiwan, and Chinese, and how awesome it is that i get to go there. I was in full-on excited-mission-mode.
Several people have told me "my uncle went there and loved it!"
"my sister-in-laws cousin went there and said it's beautiful"
"My grandpa's nephews best friend's dog lives there and loves it!"

I've also heard:
"i'm not gonna lie Steph, I'm really scared for you."
"chinese is really hard. its the hardest language to learn"
"you're going to starve to death"
"you better learn to like eating scorpion and squid and raw fish"

My mom tells me every day that i'm not going.
My dad finds at least 5 new people to tell every day haha
and my sister Julie writes me as "our little chinese/asian sister".

Here's what i think:

I think that my call is the Lord's way of showing me the potential he sees in me.
I've always always said that the people who get called to Asia are the smartest people i know. And guess what, I'm a B average student. I'm mediocre at like everything, and Spanish or even ENGLISH probably would have been the easier choice.
But my Heavenly Father can see me teaching and growing and learning in a way i didn't know i could. I am soo so soo INCREDIBLY excited to go. My whole mindset on life has changed. I CANNOT wait to drop my life and serve. I know that maybe sometimes i'll miss my awesome life in Hawaii, or the freedom i feel every day now. But i know that this mission will change me, and change my life, and change my whole eternity. These next 18 months will pass no matter what, and there's nothing else in the world i'd rather be doing.

Anyways... since we're talking about 2011 and most of my year will be spent on my mission, those are some thoughts haha.

Quote that sums up my year:

"Don't you quit. You keep walking.
You keep trying.
There is help and happiness ahead.
Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some
don't come until heaven.
But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.
It will be all right in the end.
Trust God, and believe
in good things to come."
-President Thomas S. Monson


No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com