TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

{Georgia 2011} Dreaming old dreams... Wishing old wishes...

Foreword:
From 2005 to 2008 I lived in Alpharetta, Georgia.
I attended Chattahoochee High School where i Graduated,
went to church at the John's Creek Ward,
and had some amazing times with some very good friends.

The Wall Family:
Ira, Kerri, Nathaniel, Devin, Justin, Harrison
(Nathaniel and i have been really good friends since i moved to Georgia, and best friends our senior year)

FRIDAY:
I Arrived at the Atlanta airport at 4:30PM (without any delays!!!)
Kerri and Nathaniel picked me up
(i haven't seen them since summer of '08!)
and we had dinner with their family at The Varsity.
(They made me try the chili-dogs because that's what its famous for
they were way good! but i could only eat one haha)

Nathaniel and i went to his house
and waited for Cameron Greenburg to come over
and we went to WAFFLE HOUSE late that night.
(Nathaniel, Weston and I used to eat at the waffle house
probably at least once a week, usually after mutual)

SATURDAY:
Cameron slept over,
Kerri made us BISCUITS AND GRAVY (nice and southern =)
and we had a lazy morning.
Around noon Devin was begging us to make homemade ice cream
so we went to publix and bought the stuff to make later that night.
Then Cameron, Nathaniel and I drove to
The MALL OF GEORGIA (half an hour drive)
to eat lunch with my really good friends
Ashlyn Lichliter & Mariana Correa (with hubby Baylen)
(all of the girls who i graduated with except one, are all married now haha)

We had a really fun lunch at the OLIVE GARDEN,
with a rude waiter,
and had some good catching up time.
I have missed those girls.
I had a few moments where i just was like
"I can't believe I'm sitting here, in Georgia, with all of you guys"
and i'd get all teary eyed and have a moment. haha

I realized as i was in Georgia
how incredibly grateful i am
for all of the amazing friends that i have.
i am soooo blessed.
I have friends ALL over
and i would be depressed and discouraged
if i didn't have all of them.
I love LOVE love my friends.

After lunch Mariana, her husband,
cameron, nathaniel and i
walked around the Mall.
We sat around in the LOVESAC store
and went to the AS SEEN ON TV store
and i bought some cute shoes for my mission at H&M.
After a couple hours we were done, and i had to say bye to Mariana. =(
who still texted me the whole time i was there even when i wasn't with her. I love her! haha

Nathaniel and i visited
Taze and Kathryn Miller
and the Ernsts!
(Verne Ernst was my bishop for my junior and senior years of high school
he's now the stake president
and is one of my very favorite in georgia/the world)
it was so fun to be able to chat with them
tell them about my call
and my parents call
and about my life.

Nathaniel and I went to dinner together at a Thai Food restaurant.
then we drove over and saw my house
on PAPILLON TRACE.
I had a moment.
The whole time i was looking at it i kept thinking about
how i felt while i lived there, and how far i've come since i was there.
It was a crazy weird feeling to see it again.

Then Cameron came over
and we watched Kung Fu Panda.
Nathaniel went to bed,
and Cameron and I stayed up and talked
in our sweet Russian accents for a little while.

SUNDAY:
Church at the Johns Creek ward.
AMAZING.
President Ernst spoke
(the night before he had warned me that he was going to call me up
to bear my testimony.
but luckily the bishop who spoke before him
only left him about 5 minutes to speak haha)
Then he bore his testimony in Relief Society
about his love for the women in his life.

Afterward i went up to tell him bye,
and started crying as he told me how special of a person i am to him and his family
i told him if it wasn't for him, i would be a different person.
he was an amazing influence in my life.

I got to see my whole ward!
tons of families and people i haven't seen in so long.
it was so nice to see everyone
and i felt so loved and missed.
i wish i could go visit once a month,
i LOVE all of the people in that ward.

Sunday night we made homemade ice cream
had Tim and Meagan Moody over for dinner
CHICKEN PILLOWS oh soo good.
watched Shanghai Noon
and played 4 men on a couch.

(I also took a nap this day,
and had a nightmare that someone was trying to attack me
and i couldn't move or wake up
so i started to scream so that Walls would come and wake me up..
i woke up really embarrassed hoping i hadn't actually been screaming in my sleep.
i went downstairs and everyone else was taking a nap too
and kerri was starting to make dinner so i helped her.
she laughed at me when i told her about my dream
and reassured me that i wasn't screaming haha
it was a really scary dream!)

MONDAY:
Kerri made us some really good
apple streusel french toast for breakfast (she really spoiled me!)

Nathaniel had to work for a few hours
so i went to lunch with Kerri, Lisa Miller, and DANIELLE POULTER
who was a freshman when i was a senior
and now she's on break from BYU-I, CRAZINESS!
We ate at a mexican restaurant called ADOBOS
it was delicious.
Then Kerri and I got pedicures
and went back to the house and Nathaniel was home.
Nathaniel and i watched EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND
(we used to watch it together when we were dating for a few months haha
and his family loves that show)

We hung out and watched TV for a while
then Cameron and BRANDEE DUNNE came over
(Brandee and i played on the church basketball team together
and hung out at church stuff, girls camp, and we had some movie nights together)
and we went to this really good authentic Mexican Restaurant.
Nathaniel served his mission in Monterrey, Mexico
and had searched out where the really authentic mexican places to eat were.
This place was an old mall
without a/c and run down
and all of the stores were like
tattoo parlors, or dress places for quinceaneras.
haha
We all shared some really good
tacos, enchiladas, and tamales.
and i practiced a little of my spanish.
And we had some authentic coke from mexico.
i guess its supposed to taste different because it has real cane sugar in it.
it tasted really good, but i don't drink coke enough to know the difference.

After dinner, Brandee, Nathaniel and i played Mad Gab
and talked for a little while.
we watched these YouTube videos called
"cute win fail" or something like that.
they're hilarious.

then nathaniel and i watched Everybody Loves Raymond again
and went to bed.

TUESDAY:
We woke up early
and went to breakfast with
kerri, Heather Greenburg and Jeri Colton
(Heather is Cameron's mom, (and Logan's who was my really good friend
in high school and is on his mission in Spain)
and Jeri was my young women's leader.
she gave me a really pretty pouch with my name embroidered on it for my temple stuff)
at this cute EGG HARBOR CAFE.
I got a really good omelet and strawberry-orange juice.

Then we had to go home because Nathaniel had to leave for work soon.
so we watched a little more of Everybody Loves Raymond,
and he left.
then i went and packed
and flew home at 1:50PM


My weekend was AMAZING.
i had so much fun with all of my old friends
and with the Walls.
I'm so glad they let me stay with them because it wouldn't have been the same if i hadn't.
I've missed Georgia a lot and hope that i can go back there again soon after my mission!

=)









No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com