TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 13, 2011

{There's Gold Ahead, There's Gold in Dreams.. in Life's Hills and Valleys}

I've been getting a ton (A TON) of stuff ready for my mission guys.
I am quite stressed and busy.
My life is a stress case in slow motion right now.
But you can also see me driving around St. George in this beautiful beautiful weather (its almost as great as hawaii right now... almost.) with the windows down, my sunglasses on, singing the Rocket Summer. and relaxing my time away.


I LOVE all of the people I've been able to see.
There is this sister missionary from L.A. who i knew at BYU Hawaii, and she is called on her mission here in St. George at the temple visitor's center.
This past summer she came over to eat dinner at my house and it was AWESOME. it was a total surprise when she walked in haha. but i ran into her when i went to lunch with the amazing friend that i have named Liz Egbert at Cafe Rio the other day.
Her name is Sister Mariano, and she is awesome. After lunch, i stopped by the visitor's center and chatted for over an hour with all of the sisters there. I was surrounded and given so much advice from all of them. I left soo happy and excited!

I had set this goal that i was going to start my sleep schedule (10:30 - 6:30) 21 days before i entered the MTC so that i could set it as a habit. They told me to enjoy not having to wake up at 6:30 and maybe a few days before i should do it just so my body doesn't get shocked.
and i agreed anyways because I have too many things that i want to at night to be able to go to bed that early.....

I leave in 17 days!!!!!!!
can you even believe that?!
i know, right.
it is the craziest feeling ever.
i know that it's normal. but somedays i wake up and i'm just like "oh my gosh... i CANNOT do this. there is no way that i can do this."
Missionary work isn't about me. And the less i think about me, the happier i am. =)


Saturday was a hard day for me.
let me tell you why.
SOOOO Many people got married. there was a girl in my ward who went to get her endowment, and there were i think 6 or 8 people going through for the first time. and 30, THIRTY, weddings. It makes sense because it's right before (or during) Spring Break. But listen,
i'm a girl. I'm about to leave on a mission. I'm not going to be able to date, to cuddle, and to really even think about boys. For the most part it's a good thing.

but i DREAD coming home. because even now i wish i was married even though my mission is without a doubt what i'm supposed to do. What if my wedding day never comes? what if i really do turn out to be a cat lady? I'm gonna work hard on my mission so that hopefully the harder I work, the more awesome he'll be. I don't want to come home and have to wait very long before I'm married. I know that i'll be tired of being alone after a while.

=) Happy Sunday!

PS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to visit Sister Julie Holm on THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com