TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Eat. Pray. Love.


I found this on a bookshelf
in my friend's apartment.
I have been reading for 20 minutes
and am on the 6th chapter.

From here on out,
i will be putting quotes from this book on my blog.
Number 1:
Names for God
The Universe, The Great Void, The Force,
The Supreme Self, The Whole, The Creator, The Light,
The Higher Power.
"I have nothing against any of these terms. I feel they are all equal
because they are all equally adequate and inadequate descriptions
of the indescribable. But we each do need a functional name for this indescribability,
and "God" is the name that feels the most warm to me."

"Most of the Christians i know accept my feelings on this with grace and open-
mindedness. Then again, most of the Christians I know don't speak very strictly."

"Traditionally, I have responded to the transcendent mystics of all religions.
I have always responded with breathless excitement to anyone who has ever said
that God does not live in a dogmatic scripture or in a distant throne in the sky,
but instead abides very close to us indeed-much closer than we can imagine,
breathing right through our own hearts.
I respond with gratitude to anyone who has ever voyaged to the center of that heart,
and who has then returned to the world with a report for the rest of us that God is
an experience of supreme love."


No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com