TAIWAN ADDRESS:



TAIPEI TAIWAN MISSION

4/F, #24, LANE 183

CHIN HUA STREET

TAIPEI 106

TAIWAN, R.O.C.

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Birthday Trip {Home}

On Monday, August 30, my mom told me i was flying home.
I couldn't make up my mind whether I wanted to have my parents visit me,
or go see my whole family.
so my momma decided for me =)

Wednesday Sept 1st I flew home around 8pm

Thursday:
Mom picked me up around 9AM
Miracle Mile Mall on the strip in Vegas
TONS of birthday shopping with my mom =THE BEST DAY EVER =)
my mom is amazing. and i love her so.

Thursday night i hung out with Jazmin!! got to hear all about
her amazing summer as an EFY counselor =)
Alex met up with us and we saw Knight & Day
Then got some bad news during the movie and left
Alex and I stayed up talking
a nice little catch up
I'm bummed we've only been friends a few months =(

Friday morning:
FAMILY BUS to SLC
Stayed in the hotel we used to stay in when i was little in Murray.
The indoor pool is exactly the same, the lobby is the same,
same old elevator, same parking lot,
same Dell Taco across the street
the only thing that's changed is the name of the hotel, like 6 times haha

We picked up my sister Melissa and saw Jef,
we ate at Dell Taco

Saturday:
woke up early and went to Hogle Zoo
It was basically me, and the married's with their children.
I miss my single sibs!!!
The kids were crazy the whole time
we almost lost Marcus
And i was ornery pretty much the whole trip haha
but the monkeys were my favorite part =)

Then we went to Gateway to let the kids play on the splashpad
and dinner at Applebee's

Sunday:
Went to church at my g-ma's ward
same old building my mom went to when she was growing up (crazy!!)
got to play with baby Jett in the hallway haha
but i missed my mom's and grandma's testimonies =(

After church my Grandma tried to introduce me to this kid in her ward
he just got home from a mission
so we go up to meet him, and it was SUPER awkward.
He like did NOT stop smiling and looking at my grandma the whole time
and she kept having to think of stuff to say
so i was just like "nice to meet you.... yeah you just got home...
how was it....." he invited me to stay for the single's ward
i said we were leaving haha.... awkwardness.....

Then we drove the family bus up to this random
dog show in Heber
long drive, didn't even get to see them cause it was $12 a person!!! lame!!!
but we went to the Alpine Slide!! that was SO FUN i loved it

Then dinner at a really really good Indian Restaurant
=the best curry i've ever had
(Even better than Haleiwa Eats... and thats a big deal)

SIDENOTE: I think i'm addicted to Barq's RB haha

Monday:
LAGOON
SOO FUN!
i took my nephew on a ton of fun rides
and got to see all my nephews and niece ride the fun rides
My brother Steve and I went on the Catapult thing
where they put you in this little steal ball
and there's poles like WAY WAY high up on either side
and the bungee cords are connected to the ball
and they spring you from the ground soo high
it was CRAZY but so fun
i couldn't believe i actually did it... i was like "What am i doing?!?!" the whole time haha

that night we dropped of My sweet sister Melissa and Baby June
and drove home.
I got to drive the family bus for 3 hours haha awesome!!

The rest of the week i hung out a lot with
Courtney Tyler
Alex Gubler
and i saw my cousins
Candace Wood & David Colegrove

I spent a lot of time with my parents,
got to go shopping
brought home fake tattoos, silly bands, and an inflatable pool for the ocean!!

I'm actually pretty bummed that i don't get to stay home for fall.
i love fall so much and miss the weather.
just seeing all the fall decorations and candy corn
bummed me out a little
and getting to spend thanksgiving with my parents
and not getting to be there when Melissa has her baby =(

I'm a little bummed.
but the trip home was so random but SO amazing!!
i love my family and STG

No comments:

T



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com